To apply for staff, follow these steps. Submit application by November 30.
- Review the calendar and discuss with your parents/guardians to assure that they agree with you committing the time to NYLT.
- Talk to your unit leader and confirm that he/she will approve your application when NYLT contacts him/her. We will contact your leader by email once your application is submitted.
- Click on the attached link to a Google On-line questionaire.
- Fill in all information. It will also ask if your parents or guardians can volunteer for adult staff. This is not a requirement for you to qualfy for staff but occasionally, it has helped!
- A confirmation will be sent to you after you submit your information.
- During the week of December 1, you will be notified of the date and time of your interview.
Providing your application is complete and we have your unit leader approval, we will contact you to set up a time for a short interview in early December. Once we have interviewed all of our applicants, we will send out staff member invitations, probably by the end of the year. Those invitations will include a private web link with instructions on how to review and correct any of the information you entered during your application, upload a picture, enter dietary restrictions, and ask you to read and agree to abide by the NYLT Code of Conduct.
We start our training program in January and will need you to bring copies of your BSA medical forms to the first training event (Please do NOT send them to us electronically) in preparation for the training weekends in February and March.
Adult applications will be done in a similar fashion except the NYLT Course Director will shedule a time to discuss the expected duties and then you will be asked to verify your data, add a picture and agree to the NYLT Code of Conduct. For details on where we need help, please review the Adult Staff Page.